Locating Leaks in West Covina, San Gabriel Valley, & Beyond
An undetected leak can cause significant water damage to your home and allow mold and mildew to grow. When a leak is beneath the slab foundation or behind a wall, locating the exact damage of the pipe can be a challenge. Courtesy Plumbing uses state-of-the-art equipment for precision leak detection in Covina, Rancho Cucamonga, Duarte, Pasadena, Montclair, Walnut, West Covina, and other surrounding communities in the San Gabriel Valley.
How to Know If You Have a Water Leak
While some leaks may be harder to find, others present early signs that you can look out for. If you notice any of the following, we recommend reaching out for a leaky pipe repair right away.
Signs of a Water Leak:
- Your water pressure is lower than normal
- Water spots and stains on your walls and ceilings
- Sagging or buckling ceilings
- Peeling wallpaper and paint
- Warped or bent flooring
- Odd noises from your pipes
While specialized leak detection equipment is often necessary to identify where exactly a leak may be coming from, there are some places you can check before the plumber arrives. Look under your sinks, in your kitchen cabinets, behind your appliances (including the washing machine, water heater, or dishwasher), and at the base of your bathtub and toilet to see if there are any signs of a leak.
What Causes a Water Leak?
- A loose faucet or showerhead that is leaking
- Significantly high water pressure which can wear down your pipes leading to a leak
- Appliances that have loose plumbing connections
- A burst pipe
- Damaged, shifted, or corroded pipes
- Severe clogs and blockages in the drains
- Significant fluctuations in temperature leading to a cracked pipe
- A toilet that is constantly running
If you have found a leak within your Covina home, it’s imperative to call our team of expert plumbers right away for a leaky pipe repair. We will take the following steps to prevent any potential damage to your home.
Steps to Take When You Have a Leak:
- Turn the water off to your home
- Identify where the leak may be coming from
- Move any electronics, rugs, furniture, or other personal items away from the leak
- Clean up and dry out any areas in the home that may have come in contact with the leak
- Take note of damage found
How Serious Is a Water Leak?
If your home has a small leak, you may not be concerned. However, even minor leaks have the potential to cause significant damage, especially if left untreated. That’s why it’s imperative you contact a trained plumber to inspect your system and perform a necessary repair.
Dangers of a Plumbing Leak:
- Damage to the structure of your home
- Ruined carpet, rugs, and hardwood floors
- Health problems from mold
- Pest infestations
- Contamination in your home’s water
- Safety hazards if any wiring is exposed to the leak
Accurate leak detection is essential for prompt repairs and preventing damage to your home. We have the most advanced equipment to detect all types of leaks. In addition to water leaks, Courtesy Plumbing is also an expert in detecting gas line leaks.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for leak detection in Covina, CA.
Our aim is in our name! We are committed to courteous, honest, efficient service designed to solve your plumbing problems quickly. Call our team today to get started and we'll be sure to find the right solution and keep you totally satisfied!
We work to provide honest service from start to finish. We won't sell you anything you don't need, we'll give competitive prices, and our team will provide honest communication through the whole process.
Highly Trained Technicians
Our carefully hand-selected crew is perfect for any of your plumbing needs. We hold a high standard on work, ethics, and customer service because you and your home deserve the best.
Our experts are equipped with state of the art, top of the line tools and materials. Quality is always at the top of our list of things we care about so your home only receives the best work.